Dunno if this will be handy but definitely interesting. Anyway here it goes:
GMail introduced a new feature recently, that is browsing mails offline.
- Install Google Gears, you can download the online installer from here http://gears.google.com/
- Run the online installer and it will install Google Gears on your system.
- Open your GMail and navigate to the settings and then to the Labs tab
- There you will find a feature called offline, Enable that.
- It will ask your permission to install offline access for GMail, click next.
- Then you get a Google Gears security warning, allow it.
- Click ok in the next window and you are done.
- It will download all your mails to your hard drive for offline browsing.
You can see the status in the status window.
Have fun browsing gamil offline.