This post is a simple tip on how to fix Khmer Unicode font display weirdly in Google Chrome for Facebook and various other sites. Below is how the weird font looks like.
So we’re going to fix it to display in proper Khmer unicode font like Khmer OS Battambang.
- Go to Chrome Setting
- Scroll down (or use “Search settings”) to look for Customized fonts.
- In Customize fonts, menu scroll to the bottom to look for Advanced font settings.
- If you haven’t had “Advanced font settings” chrome extension installed it will route you to add it to chrome.
- Now that “Advanced font settings” extension is added you should be able to see the advance font settings page as below:
- Simply configure the same as screenshot above. For font, you don’t have to necessarily pick Khmer OS Battambang, you can pick any Khmer unicode font.
- Then click Apply settings, then your font should change.
- However, no change is observed. Then go to setting again then Customize font.
Unders Standard font also select the Khmer unicode font that you want. Then it should reflect now.
- Meal: Dinner
Food: 8/10 | Ambient: 9/10 | Variety: 8/10 | Price: 8/10 | Service: 8/10
Cuisine type: Local (Khmer)
This restaurant was introduced by my brother. At one point, we go there for family dinner quite often. I’ve tried plenty of their food. Some of them are really good, some are so-so.
Some of my favorites are:
- Green Mango Salad With Dried Fish / Smoked Fish / បុកស្វាយត្រីងៀត / ត្រីឆ្អើរ
- Hot Roasted Chicken
- Fish Amok In Coconut / អាម៉ុកត្រីចំហុយដូងខ្ចី
- Snail Amok / អាម៉ុកខ្យង
- Bay Kdang / បាយក្តាំងបំពង
- Lort Dessert (បបរលតអង្ករ)
I haven’t tried much else. They have a lot of exotic food as well but normally, I always go for a safe choice. The only really bad one that I tried are their fried dishes. So generally try to avoid fried dishes. Seems like it’s not their strength.
Then there was once where I had a team function, the restaurant has a private room upstairs with a floor seating arrangement for us. My team loved the private space. The service pretty good too and not too pricey and some time if you’re lucky, you may get good singer around as well.
They also have delivery @ Nham24.
For more details can go their Facebook Page and Nham24 for the menu.
- Date: 02-May-2018
- Meal: Dinner
Food: 6/10 | Ambient: 7/10 | Variety: 8/10 | Price: 6/10 | Service: 9/10
Cuisine type: Local (Khmer), Western
Finally, I get to try this exclusive restaurant. This is one of those restaurants that I would never go on my own expense. I just happened to be lucky enough to join my new company on the day that they have function there. So I’d be sure to take not write a post about it 🙂
Our group was about 15-16 people so we booked ourselves a private room. The room was quite simple not that impressive. But yeah I guess the cost mostly goes to the services, which is excellent.
Base on this one-time experience, I didn’t find the food that fantastic. Not to my taste.
- Takeo Sausage
Comment: It tastes vaguely similar to one of the local street food called Kong Kep Bouk (Frog with mixed stuffing). Anyway, it’s quite good.
- Scallops with Green Peppercorns
Comment: Scallop was good but the rest of the vegetable side and topping not so much.
- Banana Blossom with Pork Salad
Comment: Lolz the pork was good but the banana blossom salad definitely not my thing.
- Fish Amok
Comment: Amok and Fish have never been my kind of food. But this amok is quite good. Quite mild not too flavored.
- Grilled Prawn with Pra Hok sauce (served with white rice)
Comment: As much as I love lobster, they cooked it a bit too raw for my liking plus I don’t like Pra Hok that much. But yeah still by the far the best dish among all others we had that evening.
- Bamboo Shoot and Smoke Fish Soup
Comment: Probably the worst dish of the night for me. Didn’t like bamboo shoot nor the taste of the soup. I just left it unfinished.
All in all, I’m not too sure if they didn’t order the right food or that’s basically the standard there but from that one experience it wasn’t memorable, at least not for that price. So yes, if you’re just going for fanciness and quality service, then probably the right place but just for good food, I don’t think I’d go again and recommend anybody to go.